FIN | LAW provides a wide range of services to its institutional, financial, corporate and private clientele working closely with multi-national and private companies, global law firms, financial institutions, retail and private banks, family offices, accountancy firms, investment and asset managers for both hedge and private equity funds in the provision of, inter alia, the following services:
• Mergers and acquisitions – including public and private transactions involving British Virgin Islands companies both domestically and cross border;
• Joint Venture and Shareholder Agreements – drafting and advising on agreements involving British Virgin Island companies and adopting the constitutional documents to comply with such agreements;
• Corporate Advisory – including company formations and administration, restructuring, private equity transactions and equity capital markets (IPOs and secondary market issues). General company advisory would include:
• regulatory compliance, including the adoption of best corporate governance practices;
• share capital including share rights, conversion rights, declarations of dividends, redemption, buy-back and transfer of shares or other securities and maintenance of share capital;
• transactions and arrangements with directors, including directors’ indemnification, directors’ duties, conflicts of interest;
• shareholder’s rights, including unfair prejudice, derivative actions and class rights;
• Private Equity Transactions – advising on all types of private equity funds investing in British Virgin Island companies; and
• Public equity and listing services. We can advise on listing a variety of funds, debt derivative products and the admission of BVI companies to international exchanges.
The Firm advises on all types of banking and finance transactions involving British Virgin Islands companies including:
• Corporate finance, project and asset finance;
• Capital markets; and
• Acquisition and leveraged finance.
The Firm advises fund managers, family offices, promoters and investors on all types of investment funds established or to be established in the British Virgin Islands, including hedge and private equity funds and also all kinds of private open and closed ended funds including the set up and regulation thereof.
We act and take insolvency appointments as licensed insolvency practitioners which is especially beneficial in cases of fraud and asset recovery where we work hand in glove with the legal team to aid a cost-effective recovery of assets. We provide support and assistance in respect of proceedings in numerous other jurisdictions around the world.
Where such allegations are made, we work closely with our clients and other professionals, including foreign lawyers, forensic accountants, private investigators and IT specialists, and liaise with criminal and regulatory authorities if necessary, to ensure that the most effective strategy is adopted.
At FIN | LAW we have extensive experience in investigating, initiating and defending all types of civil fraud claims. We understand the commercial and strategic issues relating to these types of claims and provide robust advice on how to handle them.
PRIVATE CLIENT & FIDUCIARY
The Firm advises family offices, HNWI, families, trustees, settlors, beneficiaries and charities in connection with all types of private and commercial trusts, unit trusts, estate and succession planning and asset protection.